Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot find the content of two of my pages Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I cannot retrieve the content in two of 107 pages. I tried, but in vain. I tried to check if I had hidden the content without realizing it, but that's not it. I tried as well Object --> Show all on spread but this option is not activated.

I hope I explained the problem well and that you can help me.. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

It was overset but I fixed it. The problem occurred after exporting the document in PDF format. I noticed in the PDF that there is a lot of missing content. When I returned to the document on Indesign, some of this content was completely deleted and I completely redid it, and the content of the first page was hidden (I can neither delete the the page to redo it, nor make its content appear)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to offer an option that (I hope) is your case.

The reason your Edit>Show All command is greyed out is because there is absolutely nothing there. Don't panic, though, because it may be because you added two pages in the middle of the document rather than deleted the content off of them. Check the page before and the page after the troublesome spread — it is a two-page spread, right? — and see if the content on those pages should be joined together without the missing blank spread.

Not always, but often enough, I've found that when two blank pages suddenly show up in the middle of an InDesign document, it's because someone accidentally placed two blank pages into it.

How do I know that? Because I've screwed up that way before.

Hope you get lucky,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I got a new information from you

But it the first page of the document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the content overset?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was overset but I fixed it. The problem occurred after exporting the document in PDF format. I noticed in the PDF that there is a lot of missing content. When I returned to the document on Indesign, some of this content was completely deleted and I completely redid it, and the content of the first page was hidden (I can neither delete the the page to redo it, nor make its content appear)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines