• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot insert a cursor indesign

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign 16.1 x64 on a Windows platform with intel i7 quad processor, 16GB of RAM, plenty of hard disk space, etc.  I've created a 487 page document with only one master page for a book so it's a simple document. I'm not using Layers.

On page 463, at the beginning of the page, the cursor appears with its characteristic blinking on and off. At any point thereafter I cannot click to insert a Text cursor. I can click, but nothing happens. No blinking Text cursor at any x,y position thereafter. It's like the cursor is stuck at the beginning of the page.

I've re-booted, saved document with a different filename, exited InDesign and opened it again. Nothing works. It's almost as if the program has run out of memory with too many pages.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi rawcud,

don't know if this would help:

[1] Save your document with Save As to a new document name.

Quit InDesign, restart your machine, start InDesign, open the document.

[2] Maybe also disable this option in your preferences:

Preferences > Display Performance >

[ ] Enable Anti-aliasing

[3] If nothing helps, also try this:
Export the document to IDML, open the IDML file as new document, save to a new name.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines