Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i cant save my indesign document as a pdf

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP.

every time i try to save my indesign CV as  PDF by clicking export and then clicking adobe pdf the file is simply saved to my desktop as what looks like a pdf.

However, when i click on this file some PDF import options appear and after clicking OK a notification appears to say that "the document contains PDF objects that have been reinterpreted" and "to preserve appearance, some text has been outlined" and then the file opens in adobe illstrator. I just want to save this file as a PDF to send with a CV application. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

I don't believe the situation is as dire as you think.

I believe you are creating a valid PDF. It's just that your system isn't recognizing the resulting file as an Adobe Acrobat file. Many users have reported that their PDFs, after software updates, have been randomly opening as Adobe Illustrator files, rather than Acrobat files. You can read more about that in the link below:

Acrobat PDFs opening in Adobe Illustrator

Try this: right-click on your file on the desktop. when the context-sen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is/are the object(s) that it needs to reiterpret? what is going on in the layout? 

The error is just telling you the issue in your layout. we need to look at the layout and flag the components is having an issue with.

Want to show show us a screenshot of your linked files? maybe you have an invalid format file in your layout? maybe you pasted/embedded things you should not have?  it is best practice to place files versus embedding/pasting them in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't believe the situation is as dire as you think.

I believe you are creating a valid PDF. It's just that your system isn't recognizing the resulting file as an Adobe Acrobat file. Many users have reported that their PDFs, after software updates, have been randomly opening as Adobe Illustrator files, rather than Acrobat files. You can read more about that in the link below:

Acrobat PDFs opening in Adobe Illustrator

Try this: right-click on your file on the desktop. when the context-sensitive menu pops up, choose the Open With menu command and select Adobe Acrobat and/or Adobe Reader. Your vitae should open up in Acrobat as a valid PDF just fine. If you still have issues, feel free to come back here and sound the alarm. We'll do our best to help.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines