• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I found the strangest glitch in text formatting

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using InDesign for well over a decade but I found a glitch I've never experienced before. I typed up a lot of placeholder text for a brochure. It's off of the spread but I move it to the spread it completely changes the formatting of the text visually, but when i go into character details nothing has actually changed. If I move it back off of the spread it goes back to the way that I want it. Anyone know how to fix this bug because I feel like I'm wasting a tremendous amount of time trying to google what's happening.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you might have the paragraph formatting set to Align to Baseline Grid, and when you drag the text off of the pastboard, the text snaps to the grid:

Screen Shot 26.pngScreen Shot 27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I actually checked that and it did nothing. I did a hard reboot and it fixed it. It's like it wouldn't register.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your text is aligned on the baseline grid, but when the frame is out off the page, baseline grid is not active anymore.

Edit: rob day was faster than me…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines