• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a page border that I can't select, delete, etc.

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in someone else's document - there's a border that I can't select, delete, etc.  There's no master page set up.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Have a look at the Layer to see if it's locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the Layer to see if it's locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it's not.  I wish it was that easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click the little down arrow next to the layer name to expand the layer and check the individual objects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, are you back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is also a command under the Object Menu to unlock everything on a the spread, but I would guess you probably don't want to do that for a complex file as it can make selecting more complicated as well as risk having things move accidentally.

@ Derek -- not in a big way. Someone asked me a question, and while I was here I decided to take a look around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An image could help. But ...  (Have to ask about such basics since I don't know your level of experience...)

Are you sure it's not the default black page outline that is always shown (because, yeah, people have asked before how to 'remove' that), and that it is a drawn page item – that is, it does appear when you export the page to a PDF? (Because people have asked about 'removing' guide lines, margins, and "that red line around a page" that indicates bleed & slug.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines