• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have lost almost all my columns

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Columns that I have made in the function CMD + B, in my In Design, 16.0, are gone. Can I restore them?

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by telling us more about your system: Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using. Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running.

It sounds like you created a text frame with multiple columns using Object > Text Frame Options. 

There is no reason I know for the columns to disappear on their own. They are part of your layout. Did the text which was in the columns disappear too? Did some other event occur at the same time? Obviously, you deleted the frame, you could recreate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running macos 10,15,7. In version 16.0 of indesign you can create multiple column ”on top” of the page that is alredädy made by in design itself. Lets say it has 3, 4 columns. On top of that ypou can in CMD ”B” command maket 6 - 8 or more columns ”on top” of the others.

You can do this with a text block filled with text and you can make. I have used this function:

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 01.40.57.png

It has worked perfectly well form many months!N But as iof today, it just does not worlk at all!

The question remaisn; do I hacw to remake all my pages again? and hope it will not happen again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a hard time visualizing your layout. Can you attach a screen capture. Not understanding the columns on top of columns part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines