• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I kinda go crazy. Indesign and marking text passages.

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I really have an issue I never had before. I was already searching on google and found similar situations. But the solutions won't work and that makes me kinda crazy.

I design at the moment a page for our magazine. I have pictures in it, Text in it and everything worked well. But when I now want to highlight a word or just mark it for adjustments, Indesign freezes one second after and directly wants to shut down. 

I changed the properities in advanced typing, everything. 

With CTRL+A I can mark the whole text and make changes, but I cannot do that for just a word while using mouse or with Shift+Right. 

How can this be? I already re-installed Indesign. But nothing seems to work. It isnt the font either, because I chose with CTRL+A the default font again to check this out.

Please, that has to be fixed, or I can't even use the program...

Thanks in advanced.

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"With CTRL+A I can mark the whole text and make changes"

Hi

Are you using Paragraph and Character styles, or are you using local formatting for everything? If InDesign keeps crashing, try resetting preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

does this happen on a single file? If yes, try to export it as idml, then open this file and see if problem remains. If this happens on all files, did you try to reset preferences? To reset preferences, quit inDesign and relaunch it while holding down simultaneously Shift, Alt and Ctrl keys until you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the second file I am working on. 

Because of time issues, I made the last in publisher >.<

With the re-install I deleted all preferences to have it fresh and new. 

By Mouse-Clicking I am also able to make single word changes, I found out.

As I saved it as IDML, Indesign Crashes to Open it xD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines