• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm trying to adjust title pages of a book in InDesign CC, want to remove character styles - help

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to adjust title pages of a book that someone else created in InDesign CC, but there are character style attached to the Title Page, copyright page & dedication page. I need to rearrange the page and blank lines between the pages.  I see the are charater style attached that will not allow be make these slight adjustments.

PLEASE HELP!!!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots just show Paragraph Styles - not character styles... I'm not sure what the problem is. 

What changes are you trying to make? What's happening and going wrong that you need to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can those paragraph styles be removed?

I'm trying to move those first pages (title, copy right, blank &
dedication) in a different order without affecting the layout formatt of
the book after chapter 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But a different order has nothing to do with styles...

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Debbie5E33:

I'm trying to move those first pages (title, copy right, blank & dedication) in a different order without affecting the layout formatt of the book after chapter 1

You can rearrange pages by dragging them in the Pages panel. The paragraphs styles will not change. I will note that you seem to have primary frames under them, but it does not appear like you are using them. It's just odd that they are there.

If you would like to share the file, you are welcome to put it on dropbox and post a link here (public) or message me by clicking my picture above this post (private).

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines