• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I Need to Transfer Adobe Design CS5.5 to a New PC

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe InDesign CS5.5 in 2013.  I have to transfer the applications to a new laptop.  I tried using Laplink PC Mover and while the files have transferred, I keep getting error message 213.19 that there is an issue with the licensing of the application and for me to restart my computer, which I have done 2x.

Can you help? 

Thank you.

Betty J. Thomas

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe applications cannot be transferred from one system to another by simply copying directories or using specialized programs such as the one you used. You must install the full application from the Adobe-provided installer. Wipe all traces of the application from your system using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (also for CS applications). See https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html for download and run instructions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe applications cannot be transferred from one system to another by simply copying directories or using specialized programs such as the one you used. You must install the full application from the Adobe-provided installer. Wipe all traces of the application from your system using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (also for CS applications). See https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html for download and run instructions!

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS5.5 was released in 2011 not 2013. If you bought it in 2013 chances are you did not buy it from a legal reseller.

That part out of the way, CS5.5 is not supported under any modern Mac or Windows operating system. If you tried to use a migration utility, that was a major mistake.

Wipe that out, and install it using the original installer in Windows 7 compatibility mode, but even with that, there's no guarantees it will work.

In short, you're on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines