• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I Want My OLD InDesign Back

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I CAN'T WORK WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF INDESIGN. I CAN'T FIND MY TOOLS ANYMORE.!!

My OLD version of InDesign had a WONDERFUL tool bar at the top. I could do EVERYTHING from this ONE tool bar. Change fonts, scale images, large and small caps. Boom! I was DONE. BUT YOU TOOK IT AWAY!!! IT'S GONE!!! AND NOW I CAN'T FIND THE TOOLS I NEED TO TYPESET MY BOOK. THEY'RE GONE!!!!

For example. NO MORE SMALL CAPS!!!   Small caps IS NOT, in the character menu. FOR TYPESETTING A BOOK I ABSOLULTY POSITIVELY MUST HAVE LARGE AND SMALL CAPS, BUT YOU TOOK IT AWAY!!!!!!!! HOW COULD YOU?????

I'm LITERRALY FEELING LIGHTHEADED AND FAINT RIGHIT NOW. I'M THAT UPSET I AM.  IT WILL NOW TAKE ME TWICE AS LONG TO TYPESET THIS BOOK AS YOU'VE MOVED ALL MY TOOLS AROUND, AND I'M SPENDING MOST OF MY TIME FIGURING OUT WHERE TO FIND THEM!!!!

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF YOU WALKED INTO YOU OFFICE ONE MORNING, AND SOMETHING REMOVED EVERYTHING FROM YOUR DESK AND HID IT???  THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL!!!  

I WANT MY OLD EDITION OF INDESIGN BACK!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

It is not gone. It is called the Control Panel and it is still available in the Window menu. Many of its features are duplicated in the Properties panel, and some people like this. I have not embraced the Properties panel yet.

If you want your old version of InDesign back, install it from the Creative Cloud app. On the Mac you go to the Creative Cloud icon in the toolbar, then click the small arow beside Open, Manage, then Other versions.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 11.23.22 AM.png

Please do not yell at us. We are not Adobe employees; we a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not gone. It is called the Control Panel and it is still available in the Window menu. Many of its features are duplicated in the Properties panel, and some people like this. I have not embraced the Properties panel yet.

If you want your old version of InDesign back, install it from the Creative Cloud app. On the Mac you go to the Creative Cloud icon in the toolbar, then click the small arow beside Open, Manage, then Other versions.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 11.23.22 AM.png

Please do not yell at us. We are not Adobe employees; we are users like you giving our time and experience to help others, like you. I, and the people on this forum, did not take anything away from InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing was taken away.

Window > Control

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you learn about what has changed in the new version of the software before using it.

If you go Lydan.com and search "indesing new features" they always go over what is new for the new version. If you add this step to your workflow you will be able to upgrade and get to working with projects without feeling lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And please don't SHOUT!

And note, you are addressing other InDesign users on this forum, not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe, I don't know, first learn to use InDesign (like The Window menu, like Workspaces) before shouting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines