Highlighted

ID-exported reflowable epub rife with fragment identifier errors upon validation

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey fellow Indesigners,
I ran my ID-exported (reflowable) epub through an online validator and came up with a couple of hundred "fragment identifier" errors, most of which most seem to be related to the endnotes in the book. When I validated the chapter docs individually, no errors came up (I’m using Indesign’s book palette function). It’s only when I ran the entire book through the validator that all these errors showed up.
Three questions:
1. Why do individual chapters validate with no issue but the whole book doesn’t?
2. Is there a quick way (find and search) in Calibre or Sigil to fix these errors?
3. Is there an export setting I can use in Indesign to prevent this from happening when exporting an entire book to reflowable epub?
TOPICS
Bug, EPUB, Feature request, How to, Import and export, Print, Publish online, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ID-exported reflowable epub rife with fragment identifier errors upon validation

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey fellow Indesigners,
I ran my ID-exported (reflowable) epub through an online validator and came up with a couple of hundred "fragment identifier" errors, most of which most seem to be related to the endnotes in the book. When I validated the chapter docs individually, no errors came up (I’m using Indesign’s book palette function). It’s only when I ran the entire book through the validator that all these errors showed up.
Three questions:
1. Why do individual chapters validate with no issue but the whole book doesn’t?
2. Is there a quick way (find and search) in Calibre or Sigil to fix these errors?
3. Is there an export setting I can use in Indesign to prevent this from happening when exporting an entire book to reflowable epub?
TOPICS
Bug, EPUB, Feature request, How to, Import and export, Print, Publish online, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2020 0

Have something to add?