• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Id HTML Email to MS Outlook

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an InDesign File (I couldnt upload the HTML, so I uploaded the PDF) saved as HTML that I want to send out via Outlook.  I used a macro (below) that I found at https://www.outlook-apps.com/insert-html-to-outlook-emails/.  It is not working.  Formatting is totally wrong.  Help!  Deadline is Friday.  Not all the files made it to be uploaded below.  Most did.

Dim insp As Inspector
Set insp = ActiveInspector
If insp.IsWordMail Then
Dim wordDoc As Word.Document
Set wordDoc = insp.WordEditor
wordDoc.Application.Selection.InsertFile "e:\test.html", , False, False, False
End If

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Same answer to you as everyone else that asks...get a Mailchimp or Constant Contact account and use that. InDesign may well be the worst tool you could possibly choose for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same answer to you as everyone else that asks...get a Mailchimp or Constant Contact account and use that. InDesign may well be the worst tool you could possibly choose for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

html emails sent via outlook would be best made in outlook. or mailchip/other email newsletter products.

The html produced by indesign is not the same html needed for html newsletters. 

this will never work. you are workign with the incorrect tools.

here is some information to help you educate yourself in this subject:

An html newsletter is made of inline styles tables with rows and columns. The code has to be clean because there is a massive number of restrictions email programs will use as excuse to reject the email

here is them complete list of the styles that will work per email program:

https://templates.mailchimp.com/resources/email-client-css-support/

because of this reason none of the adobe tools will do the work of exporting/giving you a perfect email newsletter ( except for dreamweaver and clean coding with understanding of tables). You should use mailchimp, dotmailer.com or constant contact platforms for making the email newsletters. They will not allow you to make mistakes since they are design so you can make a email blast that works across all of the email programs. Microsoft Outlook is the bad boy in this whole equation. there is a ton of things microsoft outlook does not accept in html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines