• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IDML exports with moved/missing elements, even when loaded in same version?

Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created a document that doesn't seem to export as IDML properly and am puzzled as to what might be going on. The document is fine as the original INDD, but when exported, it's missing the header from the master, and the footer from the master is pushed up and to the right an inch or two. Any idea what might be going on? I haven't encountered this in other documents.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. It could be a file specific issue as it does not happen with other files. Would you mind sharing the file with us(if not sensitive)?

You can upload the file on Creative Cloud(or any other cloud service you prefer) and share the link. We'll be happy to take a look. Please share version of InDesign & OS as well. 

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for responding. I tried for a few hours to fix the master but made only slight progress (had to blow away most of the masters that had their own masters, but still had issues with things disappearing once exported to IDML).

The working file has sensitive information, however the template I used to create it appears to have the same bug and maybe if we could figure out the cause there it could apply to the other file (and future ones as otherwise I need to rebuild the template). I need to check if I can share the template, if so I'll reply once I find out with a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

Apologies for taking a few days to get back to you. I've stripped the template of its text to anonymize it a bit further. If you want to take a look at it and see what might be going on, it is available here: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/c34f84a2-892a-4dee-5d45-3d77c906b28a

This machine is running Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134.

InDesign Version is 15.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for the delayed response. Thanks for sharing the file with us. We'll take a look and update you accordingly. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines