Highlighted

Illustrator to InDesign

New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! So i created a whole 44 pg document in illustrator because thats the program Im ace at....however I know this is a project best suited for InDesign....how would I go about transfering that information from one program to another? 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Luke Jennings3 | Adobe Community Professional

You could try saving to a PDF from Illustrator then use other software to convert the PDF to an InDesign file. You will likely need to make some fixes. Here is a related discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/pdf-to-indesign/td-p/9470034?page=1

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator to InDesign

New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! So i created a whole 44 pg document in illustrator because thats the program Im ace at....however I know this is a project best suited for InDesign....how would I go about transfering that information from one program to another? 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Luke Jennings3 | Adobe Community Professional

You could try saving to a PDF from Illustrator then use other software to convert the PDF to an InDesign file. You will likely need to make some fixes. Here is a related discussion:

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator and InDesign have completely different structures. There is no automatic way to convert between them.

The best you could do would be to select text in Illustrator and add it to a Creative Cloud Library in the Libraries panel. Then in InDesign use the CC Libraries panel to bring it into InDesign. The layout would have to be completely re-created. There is no equivalency between the two applications in terms of layout.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leave it in Illustrator and learn how to use InDesign. Create your future projects there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines