Highlighted

Image not showing up after export to pdf - not showing up in overprint too

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I would like to know what to do when an image does not show up in overprint and export. Kindly have a look at the screenshot. I need your help!!Screenshot 2020-03-09 at 10.13.23 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-03-09 at 10.14.10 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Image not showing up after export to pdf - not showing up in overprint too

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I would like to know what to do when an image does not show up in overprint and export. Kindly have a look at the screenshot. I need your help!!Screenshot 2020-03-09 at 10.13.23 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-03-09 at 10.14.10 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how my layers are.. Am I doing any mistake here?Screenshot 2020-03-09 at 10.20.47 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your attributes panel. Is the image set to non-printing?

Also, I can’t see much in the attached screenshow with the layers lanel visible. The image is too small whn I view it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. No the image is not set to non-printing. The box is unchecked. This is the screenshot of the layers.Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 3.04.28 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about Window>Output>Attributes?

ss.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-03-12 at 5.19.25 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chandralekha,

go to your Links panel after selecting the frame.

Is the link still intact or is it missing? Relink the image.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-03-12 at 5.19.39 PM.png

The photo is linked and is 'not' set to non-printing. But it disappears when I click on overprint preview.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To solve the issue I would:

1. Remove the old frame with the image.

2. Place the image again.

Perhaps do a bug report. Keep the old version of the document and supply it to InDesign development:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the gray box what you see in Overprint preview? That does not look like a missing link or non-print setting. I lean toward it being some kind of file corruption. If you haven't already. try exporting the InDesign file as IDML. If that doesn't help, try resaving the photo under a new name, and placing it again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it just disappears and there is no gray box on the page in InDesign. The gray box appears only when exported to pdf.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What preset are you exporting to? Does it happen if you export with the PDF/X-4 preset, and you view in AcrobatPro? Looks like you might be viewing the PDF in a browser?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines