• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Placement Issues

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In many of my Indesign projects I've placed a colored shape underneath one of my images however when I tried it today I'm unable to arrange the image I've placed. It won't give me the option to bring it forward or backward. I've tried sending the shape backward to be behind the photo however it doesn't recognize the image as another "layer" and just ends up behind my background color where it isn't visible. Can I please get some assitance with how I should go about solving this

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>  "layer" 

This is main word here. What with your InDesign layers? Did you check it layers panel?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give us more information to help us:

Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Select the two objects and open up the layer on the Layers panel that the objects are in. Click open the disclosure triangle to show the objects, and take a screen capture and show us what it shows (like the picture below):

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 2.35.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone back and edited my original post and attached some images. I'm using version 15.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual, a screen shot would help. Always try to provide a screen grab showing frame edges, invisible characters, and any relevant panels. In this case I would want to see the Layers panel. I suspect the image you want to move to the back in in a lyer above the other objects. Even at the bottom of its own layer it will be above any objects on lower layers.

Another possibility is an issue with Master Pages. Objects on a Master Page are always below objects on the document page within their respective layers. If Layer 1 is above Layer 2 a Master Page object on Layer 1 will be below all objects on the page on Layer 1 but above all objects on Layer 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone back and attached some screenshots to my original post. My Master Page includes nothing but my background color. Both the shape and the image are just placed onto my page and are not included in the Master Page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd agree with Scott's guesses. We need to see the layers with both objects selected. Or it could be a master page issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines