• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Relink Automation?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project - a brochure featuring a client's logo, and I would like to replace this logo with roughly 200 different ones I have saved as JPGs, and create individual PDFs addressed to each individual client, if that makes sense? 

Would it be possible to automate this process? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

The Data Merge tool is what you want. Window> Utilities> Data Merge. See this link and also search for YouTube videos.

https://helpx.adobe.com/si/indesign/user-guide.html/si/indesign/using/data-merge.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Data Merge tool is what you want. Window> Utilities> Data Merge. See this link and also search for YouTube videos.

https://helpx.adobe.com/si/indesign/user-guide.html/si/indesign/using/data-merge.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I know about Data Merge, but I thought it only let you create merged documents. I need it to do this and save each multi-page brochure as a separate PDF file - Do you thnk that would be possible? 

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A script could possibly do that, or you could split the merged PDF in Acrobat- Tools> Organize pages> Split

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/extracting-multiple-pages-from-a-pdf/m-p/7321897?page=1#M2202...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I guess I could split them manually in Acrobat. As I said, however, we're talking 200+ individual PDFs, so automating this would have really come in handy. Any idea where I could post about such a script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Acrobat's Split Pages tool will split all pages at once.

As for a script that includes Data merge and splitting the pages, you might ask a new question- "Is there a script that will produce individual PDF brochure files when using Data merge"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just checked and you're right - Acrobat will split my document into individual 4-page PDFs all at once. I think I'm just going to go with that.

Thanks for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines