• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image STILL Pixellated after setting 'high quality'. No change between 'typical' and 'high quality'.

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it only seems to be happening on MY system while it's working fine for my illustrator.

What's going on?

FrostLight_0-1599228740176.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Check your 93 errors, probably missing links? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your 93 errors, probably missing links? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K, I'll see if I can go through them. That sounds like it's probably it. If I can't figure it out right away, where do I go, what do I look for, and what should I do when I find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked errors. Learned about the Preflight panel from tutorials. Apparently it needed the original .pdf files. Either way, my illustrator had the wisdom to send each and every file, so I have them.

Issue resolved, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Your screen cap shows the display view percentage of your document shows the first tab at 75% size. Is your IDlayout1sID.indd file the one you're showing in the screen capture? Or is it a different one? I can't see which item is selected in the screen cap, but the ~13cm high x16cm wide doesn't seem to be too extreme in sizing. If you're working with an experienced illustrator, I don't suspect that you're blowing the image up by hundreds of percent from a postage stamp-sized original.

Are you copying/pasting the illustrations from another file into your InDesign document? Is the graphic placed, but not linked to the original file? Either of these issues could cause the pixelated screen view you're getting in your screen cap.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the file sent directly from my illustrator. She says it's fine on her end, so I'm going to check the errors. I'm betting that's where the issue is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did she ship it to you as an InDesign package folder? With the InDesign file and sub-folders containing the fonts and graphics placed in the InDesign file? Or did she just ship you one InDesign file?

If she didn't ship you the packaged folder, that's the source of your problems. It looks fine on her computer because she has all the linked graphics. It looks bad on your computer because you don't, and she didn't package all the graphics and fonts for you.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select the image what is its Effective Resolution listed in the Info or Link Info panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines