• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images and Text Boxes Disappearing, Files Still Linked

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I was working on a catalog file that's been rolling around with no issues when all of a sudden I scrolled to a new spread and 90% of the images and text blocks on the page vanished like they'd been hidden. As far as I can tell they haven't been (at least not by any keystroke I've made or any other toggle.) I've tried toggling presentation mode and preview mode to no avail. Even stranger still, the only pages that seem affected are between 28 and 33, roughly the center of our document.

The images and text blocks that survived the mysterious disappearing act are un-selectable, as if locked on a master page (though checking the masters reveals nothing amiss, nor does clicking to unlock them as if they were a master asset do anything).

The strange thing is that all the linked images are still "present" on the page and I can see them in the links panel. Cutting and copying some of them to the affected pages fixed it for a moment, but on save + reload made it worse... I've tried resetting my preferences and saving the file under a new name, but nothing is working. I'm at my wit's end and any help is appreciated!

(Note: this happened before updating to v 16.1. I updated the program after noticing the error and as far as I can tell this made it worse...)

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Hi nova_natural_design,

I'd export the document to IDML and open the IDML file as new document.

Save that new document with a new name.

Could you show a screenshot of the spreads that contain pages 28 to 33 ?

Viewing mode: Normal, frame edges visible. Also the Layers panel open so that we can see if the items on the active spread are showing up there.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nova_natural_design,

I'd export the document to IDML and open the IDML file as new document.

Save that new document with a new name.

Could you show a screenshot of the spreads that contain pages 28 to 33 ?

Viewing mode: Normal, frame edges visible. Also the Layers panel open so that we can see if the items on the active spread are showing up there.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm running into the same problem as nova_natural_design. Below are my screenshots. The flowers appear in the view mode but not in the preview mode. I exported the document to IDML and open the IDML file as a new document, and renamed it. That didn't solve the issue.Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 2.52.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-18 at 2.52.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines