• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images and text pixelating, colors changing at random times

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my first post on here. I'll try to be as specific, but I'm not really sure what information people need and how to describe what's happening or if theres a specific instance that's causing it.

I'm using ID 2020 on Windows 10. At random times, all the images and text in a document I'm working on appear to become more pixelated and the image colors seem to change. See screenshots please 🙂

id1.pngid2.png

It will stay like this for a while and then randomly switch back. Closing indesign and reopening will also switch it back. I've tried poking around preferences but nothing seems out of the ordinary, but I don't know what I'm looking for. Changing the screen mode or display performance doesn't fix it.

It's not the end of the world, just a little annoying and makes it hard to assess how the layout is looking and I don't like wasting time saving and closing and reopening. Any idea what's going?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like there should be an edit button here under "More" but nothing comes up... so, EDIT: just realized that when the event happens, it also makes transparency/blending effects stop working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried trashing your Cache and Preferences folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll give it a shot and report back if it happens again or after I've gone a while without it happening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for taking a while to come back! I did these twice, and I'm still getting the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines