Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images distorted when converting to PDF Print

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

My team and I are working on some booklets for a client and when we export for Print with CMYK, the images duplicate somewhat when they are spread across two pages. Please see below, we are sure it has to be because of the import settings, just not sure how to correct it. 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erin,

We can't know for sure without seeing your document to see how it's setup but you can try changing the bleed settings in the document setup by removing the bleed from the inside edge.

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not completely sure, but I've got my suspicions ...

Like a lot of graphic designers, when I want to place an image across a reader's spread, I do it twice: one directly above the other.

I click on the top image with my Arrow/Selection tool and drag the anchor point in the middle of the right side to the left until it meets the left-hand page's right page margin in the spread. Then I click on the lower image that's been uncovered on the right-hand page, dragging the anchor point in the middle of the left side to meet the right-hand page's left page margin in the spread.

This gives me two copies of the image when the job is broken up to turn reader's spreads into printer's spread that appear to meet "perfectly" when the book is bound at the end of the process ... unless I accidentally bump the images while I'm trying to line the two examples placed in the margins. Or when there's overlap, someone in prepress bumps it to make sure than any crossover in the saddle doesn't let the images place "perfectly" on each page of the reader's spread.

So, to fix it, I'd go back to InDesign, and go through the process I outlined in the first and second paragraph of this response to get the "perfect" alignment without any crossover or offset in the job.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is you inadvertantly moved a page with the page tool and the pages are overlapping. Exporting to single pages and viewing as spreads in Acrobat will show an overlap. 

Page tool.pngoverlap.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines