• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images in png export grey

Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've double-checked the links and everything, they're all in-tact, but lately when I try to export to .png the image turns 100% grayed out:

iPad - QuickShare controls.pngiPad - QuickShare controls circled.png

I'm simply trying to add a red circle around a button the user needs to click. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

I restarted my Indesign and this problem seems to have resolved itself, but it's happened before and seems to be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted my Indesign and this problem seems to have resolved itself, but it's happened before and seems to be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else experiencing this problem / have any other solutions besides restarting InDesign? I am currently dealing with this horrible gray box when exporting as PNG. Have tried restarting. An aggravating bug if I must say so myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I too got the same sort of problem...
I have a png placed in InDesign, it displays fine and while exporting it to jpg it exports fine. but while exporting to png ... gray box arrive ... can this be fixed ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same problem then you djsamuel. Since yesterday. 
I had 4 of my colleges test it on their computers result: three people had no problem, one other coworker had the same issue than us. 
Currently updating all soft- and hardware in hopes this will help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. 

A solution would be very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered the same problem. I hope adobe fixes it soon, but in the meantime, I exported it as a pdf, opened the pdf in Illustrator, and then exported it as a png from Illustrator, and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still happens in 17.2.1 when exporting a PNG with PNGs linked inside it.

Screenshot 2022-05-26 120501.png

Linked PNGs export as gray boxes only when exporting to PNG. When exporting to JPG or PDF it works as expected. Restarting ID doesn't help neither does resetting preferences. Best workaround I have found for now is to bounce to PDF then to PNG, same as Shellie said. Sucks if you're working with web developers! They kind of expect most things to be in PNG. It'd be nice to not have to bring Illustrator into the equation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines