Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images not visible when dragged to certain places

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I'm making a songbook, and I'm using an image for the first letter of every title(think medieval stylized letter). This was going great, until I got to the song I'm working on now. 

I can paste in the image, and it shows up just fine, but as soon as I drag it to the place where I need it, there appears to be a white image on top of it. The white field has invisible borders, I can't select it, but I can drag the image halfway under the white-out and it will cut off the letter image. See screenshot below. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm new to InDesign and most likely won't be using it much after this project, but I do need to fix this.

Thanks in advance!

Barryscreenshot.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

You are grabbing the middle of the image - which is the content grabber

InDesign places the image - and automatically creates a holder for it - called an image frame (picture frame).

In essence - the image is inside a box.

When you click the center of the image it selects the image and moves it within the box. 

https://creativepro.com/taking-another-look-at-the-content-grabber/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are grabbing the middle of the image - which is the content grabber

InDesign places the image - and automatically creates a holder for it - called an image frame (picture frame).

In essence - the image is inside a box.

When you click the center of the image it selects the image and moves it within the box. 

https://creativepro.com/taking-another-look-at-the-content-grabber/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines