Highlighted

Images Shift Within Bounding Box

Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this...

I've been using InDesign for over 10 years and have never seen this happen. My deparytment creates catalogs with thousands of images in each one. All the images are placed within text and given different Object styles depending on the need. I opened one of the catalogs to make some tweaks and have found that nearly 1/3 of the images have shifted within their bounding boxes, most of them shifting down and to the right. Some others, though, have shifted up and to the left, but not nearly as many. It's very time-consuming and frustrating having to fix them. I checked with one of my associates who's also working on catalogs and he hasn't seen anything like this, and none of us have ever seen it happen before.

I'm using ID 14.0.3 on an iMac running Cataloina 10.15.5. The images are all placed tiffs.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Lloyd

Sheena,

Thanks for replying. I didn't find an answer but I manually adjusted all the images that were affected. I'm going to check the rest of our catalogs and see if the same thing happened in any of them. I'm hoping it was just a one-time fluke.

Lloyd

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Images Shift Within Bounding Box

Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this...

I've been using InDesign for over 10 years and have never seen this happen. My deparytment creates catalogs with thousands of images in each one. All the images are placed within text and given different Object styles depending on the need. I opened one of the catalogs to make some tweaks and have found that nearly 1/3 of the images have shifted within their bounding boxes, most of them shifting down and to the right. Some others, though, have shifted up and to the left, but not nearly as many. It's very time-consuming and frustrating having to fix them. I checked with one of my associates who's also working on catalogs and he hasn't seen anything like this, and none of us have ever seen it happen before.

I'm using ID 14.0.3 on an iMac running Cataloina 10.15.5. The images are all placed tiffs.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Lloyd

Sheena,

Thanks for replying. I didn't find an answer but I manually adjusted all the images that were affected. I'm going to check the rest of our catalogs and see if the same thing happened in any of them. I'm hoping it was just a one-time fluke.

Lloyd

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lloyd,

are the fitting settings in your applied object styles still the same? Do you see overrides on the image frames regarding fit?

Did you open the documents in a different version of InDesign the last time when everything was ok?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not using the "fitting settings" in the object styles we use because some of the images are cropped tightly to the image with no white space around them, but others have white space around them (different sources for the images). The only setting we use is "anchored object options," and all of the images in question use the same object style. No overrides. We might have used the previous version of ID but we would have done the same for all our catalogs, and none of the others had this happen to them.

It's a mystery...

Lloyd

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this relate to the Object Style definition? Are the ones shifting down and right using a different object style than the ones shifting up and left? What are the frame fitting options for the object styles?

~Barb 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb,

Thanks for replying. All the images in quesiton use the same object style, along with images to which this didn't happen. Like I said to Uwe, the "fitting" options aren't being used.

I love a good mystery...

Lloyd

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am hoping that your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please feel free to update this thread else let us know if any of the suggestions shared above helped you or not.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena,

Lloyd

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Do let us know if the issue still persists. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0