• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images within InDesign file getting corrupted

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new with Adobe CC. Recently, I inserted (Ctrl + D) about 40 illustrations into an InDesign file. When I opened the same file a few days later, I found two illustrations pixelated (or corrupted). One heavily, another mildly. I wonder what might be the reason. It's been an unwanted hassle replacing these illustrations. Below is a image before and after the corruption:

Before corruptionBefore corruptionAfter corruptionAfter corruption

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Check the Links panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Thanks. Now I know the underlying reason. It's all in the links. I didn't even know that unlike Photoshop or Illustrator, the contents in any given InDesign file actually link to the files in other locations and when I delete or move something from the original location, InDesign is unable to show it. It's all in the links!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, check the display performance in the View menu: is it on Typical or High quality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the question. It was High quality. It's to note that both the images that I shared in this thread are taken from 2 pdf files created out of the same Indesign file with a gap of a few days. So, it's not the matter of View > High Quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Links panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Now I know the underlying reason. It's all in the links. I didn't even know that unlike Photoshop or Illustrator, the contents in any given InDesign file actually link to the files in other locations and when I delete or move something from the original location, InDesign is unable to show it. It's all in the links!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines