• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import existing 3D PDF into Indesign or Acrobat Pro and create an interaktive PDF

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

im acually new here and english is not my mother tongue. So thanks for helping me out with my problem.

Is it possible to import an existing 3D PDF into Indesing and create an interaktive PDF?

Or maybe is it possible to make the general PDF in Indesing and then import the 3D PDF into the PDF in Acrobat Pro?

Best Regards,

Zoe

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Are you trying to have the InDesign content and the 3D content on the same page? I don't think that will work in either InDesign or Acrobat. You could create a PDF in InDesign, then use the Acrobat tools to add those page(s) to a 3D PDF in Acrobat, I believe. Here's the Help file for displaying Acrobat PDF:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/displaying-3d-models-pdfs.html

If there is a way to combine them on one page, you'd have to ask in the Acrobat forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor , May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

>> Is it possible to import an existing 3D PDF into Indesing and create an interaktive PDF?

No.

>> Or maybe is it possible to make the general PDF in Indesing and then import the 3D PDF into the PDF in Acrobat Pro?

Yes, you do main template of the book in InDesign and then with "hammer and wild yelling" do other 3d-things directly in Acrobat. Early, years ago, Acrobat have great version for it - Acrobat v9 3D that have RightHemisphere v4 in the bundle. Now RightHemisphere is a history, SAP buy t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to have the InDesign content and the 3D content on the same page? I don't think that will work in either InDesign or Acrobat. You could create a PDF in InDesign, then use the Acrobat tools to add those page(s) to a 3D PDF in Acrobat, I believe. Here's the Help file for displaying Acrobat PDF:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/displaying-3d-models-pdfs.html

If there is a way to combine them on one page, you'd have to ask in the Acrobat forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Steve_Werner,

thank you very much for your answer!

I'll try that out.  

Regards, Zoe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> Is it possible to import an existing 3D PDF into Indesing and create an interaktive PDF?

No.

>> Or maybe is it possible to make the general PDF in Indesing and then import the 3D PDF into the PDF in Acrobat Pro?

Yes, you do main template of the book in InDesign and then with "hammer and wild yelling" do other 3d-things directly in Acrobat. Early, years ago, Acrobat have great version for it - Acrobat v9 3D that have RightHemisphere v4 in the bundle. Now RightHemisphere is a history, SAP buy that firm and rename soft to SAP Visual Enterprise with doing big price for that great soft.  

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your answer. Really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines