• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IMPORT FAILED - keeps coming up when trying to place an mP4

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to embed a MP4 I keep getting "IMPORT FAILED" message.  I have done this many times and i have not seen this before.  Help

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your final output format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's do a bit of troubleshooting. If you place a different .mp4 file (maybe one that you've placed previously), are you still getting the error? If not, that points to the .mp4 file itself which could be corrupted. If yes, then we're looking at an issue with InDesign possibly and we can go from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try that and when exported to pdf it says FLASH no longer available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The videos all work on all the other platforms - we have uploaded them to a private You Tube channel and we have a URL link embeded and the videos work perfectly.

However, in this instance some people who received these PDF guides do not have access to internet so they receive a USB with the PDF guide and the videos need to be embedded and this is where in past I could place the video and I was able through Media to give it instructions and the export and the video played embedded.  Now the video says Import Failed when I try placing in.  Is there something I might be doing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I did not answer your question.  No it is doing it to all the videos not just one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines