Highlighted

import images failed

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using Indesign 2020 and I’m trying to import images from my mac, i've tried to drag the image from the desktop, File> Place and Command D, all of these don't work, it said import failed.

so i reinstalled the app from creative cloud, still doesn't work.

i also tried to create a new document or working on previous document, all these don't work either.

it worked well a week ago... 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

import images failed

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using Indesign 2020 and I’m trying to import images from my mac, i've tried to drag the image from the desktop, File> Place and Command D, all of these don't work, it said import failed.

so i reinstalled the app from creative cloud, still doesn't work.

i also tried to create a new document or working on previous document, all these don't work either.

it worked well a week ago... 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS?
How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?
What do you mean "don't work" - is there an error message?

Have you tried resetting your InDesign preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format is the image? Are you sure it is the correct format. People often think changing the extension of a file will convert it to that format. You may be dealing wit h a file with either no extension or the wrong extension. Do you have this problem with all files? All files of a certain format? Or only specific files?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying! I've figured out the problem, it’s because the image format is not compatible with Indesign. i changed the format and it works now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a matter of interest what was the format of the image you couldn't Place?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's jpeg. I'm not quite sure what this is, the image just turned HEIC into jpeg when I dragged it to the desktop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0