• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import issue on Indesign 2021

New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people, wen i try to import a PDF in Indesign 2021, the program return a error box with the following text:  "Cannot crop to bleed box. Either the bleed box is not defined, or is empty." This not ocurrs in others versions that i have in my Mac (OSX Version 10.14.6).

Anyone can say what is wrong?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is there really is no Bleed box defined in that particular file. Have you placed that same file previously in another version and cropped to the bleed box? Have you opened the PDF in Acrobat and checked to see if there is a Bleed box defined?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you place the PDF choose Show Options.

Then select a different setting. 

It's under the Crop To section - see this article

https://creativepro.com/understanding-indesigns-place-pdf-options/

The option I believe is 'sticky' so once you change it once - it should be that going forward, meaning you probably won't have to keep doing it.

The other option is to set the areas in Acrobat.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/crop-pdf-pages.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help people, ist's interesting that, when I choose show options, everything runs without problem, but when I tried to import the same pdf in other version of Indesign, the import process ocurrs without issues and I don't need to choose the import options. Anyway... the problem was solved. Thans a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said the setting is a sticky. So it was probably set in your previous version of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines