Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import mp3 file to indesign

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I have an mp3 file in my computer ready to be imported into indesign so I go to File open in indesign. 

A sort of speaker comes up in indesign right afterwards so I drag a frame but then I lose the speaker and I can´t see the imported mp3 file

What am I doing wrong?

I would like to generate a fixed layout EPUB file because I would like to see the mp3 file playing in an EPUB reader that supports this format or in tablets/mobiles or home computers

Before generating the fixed layout EPUB file I would like to see a preview of the file so that I can ensure that everything is working fine. 

Could anyone give me the precise instructions to achive this?

Thank you so much for your help

ignacio

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must use file > place, not file > open.

What is your intent here? If it's PDF I would highly encourage you to rethink it. Multimedia in PDF is a total crapshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having a hard time understanding.

you placed the audio file on the layout. you see the sound icon, and than it dissapears when you move it? screenshots help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I drag a frame but then I lose the speaker and I can´t see the imported mp3 file."

Hi Ignacio,

well, you still can see it in the Links panel. And you can see the frame if you enable the view for frame edges. And you can see and select the frame from the Layers panel. Provided you do not use "Preview" but "Normal" view of your layout.

Example from my German InDesign 2021 with view "Preview", placed mp3 selected, Media panel, Layers panel and Links panel open:

MP3-Placed-View-Preview.PNG

With view "Normal":

MP3-Placed-View-Normal.PNG

FWIW: I placed the mp3 file with a simple click.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And another thing that could have happened even if you view in "Normal" view:

The contents of the container frame could have moved away from sight. Just like a placed image you were moving around inside its container frame:

MP3-Placed-View-Normal-ContentsDragged.PNG

To fix that you have to select the container frame or the frame inside and use one of the fitting options.

"Fit Frame To Contents" would be one option.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines