• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Object Style Issues- Revised

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My intention is to create a filled text frame to use throughout the book. 

object styles one.png

I loaded object styles from the document shown above to document shown below but can't manage to apply to the selected text.

object styles two.png

 

What am I missing?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

By the way, Object Styles are used on, well, objects like a Text frame. Not on (selected) Text! For those you use Paragraph styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a plus sign, so still a local override. Click again on the Object style with both Alt and Shift keys pressed go clear the overrides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Franz,

I have removed the anchor on the orange frame, thinking that lack of anchor in the second case was the problem. This has cleared the plus sign. But the Object Style in the second case is still greyed-out. Does this still apply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, Object Styles are used on, well, objects like a Text frame. Not on (selected) Text! For those you use Paragraph styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will I need to segment my text to be able to frame small portions of the whole? I am using CC2015 and cannot add radii to paragraph shading. I was trying to create the same effect with Objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines