Highlighted

Imported Illustrator logo not printing when exporting to pdf from Indesign

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a logo that was created in illustrator, is very simple, just a couple of circles and some text. But when I place it in indesign, then export the document to pdf and print from pdf, the text on the logo doesn't print.

I've tried placing as AI, SVG, EPS and PDF but the text never prints.  It does show on the pdf.

Can anyone help here?

TOPICS
Print, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Imported Illustrator logo not printing when exporting to pdf from Indesign

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a logo that was created in illustrator, is very simple, just a couple of circles and some text. But when I place it in indesign, then export the document to pdf and print from pdf, the text on the logo doesn't print.

I've tried placing as AI, SVG, EPS and PDF but the text never prints.  It does show on the pdf.

Can anyone help here?

TOPICS
Print, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is your text white perhaps?

Can you share with us your pdf file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, yes the text is white. 

Can't see how to attach the pdf to this chat, but here's an image of it. The logo not printing correctly is the orange circle in the top right.

Product Data; AP-439.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jens is probably correct, the white type is set to overprint. In Illustrator and InDesign, go to View> Overprint preview.

There is also an Acrobat preference to Use overprint preview, which should be set to Always.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried outlining the text in the illustrator file then re-placing in your Indesign file as you may have licencing issues with the font..?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be an Overprint issue – if your Acrobat isn't set to "Simulate Overprint always" then you might see it although it doesn't print.
Open your logo in Illustrator, select the white text and check in the Attributes panel if it is set to overprint
(White = overprint = gone)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your help everyone!

I played around with the overprint view etc but it still didn't work so converted text to outlines like sishamDDS's suggestion and that worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would however check better the following "overprint fill" option.
Select your white text in Illustrator> Window> Attributes> chack if you have ticked "overprint fill" as in my screenshot.

Screenshot (16).png

in the screenshot bellow in pdf file we don't see the white text in the first circle because in illustrator I've ticked "overprint fill"

in the second circle the white text is Ok because in Illustrator I've unticked "overprint fill"

Screenshot (18).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0