• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported Image Linked to Background Color?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 🙂  I am new to InDesign.  I imported an image to my doc in InDesign, and the image seems to be connected to another image such that I cannot move one without moving the other.  

Please see image in the attached photo.  The center heartrate monitor image is connected to the solid aqua background rectangle.  So, when I try to move the heartrate monitor image the solid aqua background rectangle moves with it.  

None of the other images are linked to the background rectangle in this way.

Any ideas?  Thanks!!

JimmyScreen Shot 2020-12-23 at 11.04.39 AM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

and the image seems to be connected to another image

No: it is because the heartrate monitor image is imported in a frame which is bigger than the image itself,

Capture d’écran 2020-12-23 à 20.26.02.jpg

and this frame has a blue background. Use the white arrow to move the picture inside its frame, or if you prefer, reduce the size of the frame with this icon Capture d’écran 2020-12-23 à 20.26.20.jpgand create the blue background with a separate empty frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and the image seems to be connected to another image

No: it is because the heartrate monitor image is imported in a frame which is bigger than the image itself,

Capture d’écran 2020-12-23 à 20.26.02.jpg

and this frame has a blue background. Use the white arrow to move the picture inside its frame, or if you prefer, reduce the size of the frame with this icon Capture d’écran 2020-12-23 à 20.26.20.jpgand create the blue background with a separate empty frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines