Highlighted

Imported word doc/docx loose italics in index...

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have one word document with italics in index. This italics is loose when imported into indesign. I try all options in import dialog box, rtf, doc, docx formats...I try Indesign CS6 and latest 2020 version. I try to apply italic charachter style in word but indesign kill it when importing and generating index.

In attach is file samples.

Is this bug in indesign or wrong prepared word files?

Thanks for any help

TOPICS
Import and export, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Imported word doc/docx loose italics in index...

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have one word document with italics in index. This italics is loose when imported into indesign. I try all options in import dialog box, rtf, doc, docx formats...I try Indesign CS6 and latest 2020 version. I try to apply italic charachter style in word but indesign kill it when importing and generating index.

In attach is file samples.

Is this bug in indesign or wrong prepared word files?

Thanks for any help

TOPICS
Import and export, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kajzica,

you said you applied a character style to the italic text in Word before you import the text.

During import you could synch the styles to InDesign styles. Will that work for you?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
kajzica LATEST
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, this wont work...I try to apply italic style in indesign, create from this word index and again when index is generated no italic in index...Workaround is that put for example @ @text@ around italized words and at the end change this into italics via grep but this is stupid. 

When updating index italics is lost. 

Or, question. How to make updateable index in InDesign with italics???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0