Highlighted

Importing bookmarks in the PlaceMultipagePDF sample script

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using the sample script PlaceMultipagePDF to create financial reports with multiple sections in InDesign and I'm sure there is a way of modifying the script to not only place the PDF files but also add any relevant bookmarks to inDesign in the process.

My first haunch was adding a line somewhere in the myPlacePDF function but my scripting skills and knowledge of PDF API is lacking. Anybody has done something similar in the past? I tried googling it pretty hard and can't find anything close enough to bodge it in.

Topics

Import and export, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing bookmarks in the PlaceMultipagePDF sample script

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using the sample script PlaceMultipagePDF to create financial reports with multiple sections in InDesign and I'm sure there is a way of modifying the script to not only place the PDF files but also add any relevant bookmarks to inDesign in the process.

My first haunch was adding a line somewhere in the myPlacePDF function but my scripting skills and knowledge of PDF API is lacking. Anybody has done something similar in the past? I tried googling it pretty hard and can't find anything close enough to bodge it in.

Topics

Import and export, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No amount of scripting (no reasonable amount) can do that for you because placing a PDF into InDesign never imports its bookmarks. Scott's script is wonderful but ultimately it also uses InDesign's native PDF Place function.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines