Importing Database text formatted into Indesign

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Xtags software plugin to import text from a database that is coded on that end into Indesign. I set style sheets in Indesign that communicate with the code and the text comes in formatted (size, font, color). It does have some bugs and I have to do alot of find/replace for weird "oddities" as I call them. I have been researching if theres a better software out there that I can use to eliminate alot of these. I heard of Easy Catalog but looking at it, it looks as though it puts all the individual products in their own box on the page (my purposes theres 30-40 listings, some with art on each page and they are not uniform items) The way I layout now its all one continuous text flow that I can place ads that have a runaround in my pages and it bumps all forward, if that makes sense. If its all in individual boxes I think it will be problematic with all my manual adjustments I do. Sorry if I over explained! Any suggestions? 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?