Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Illustrator files (.ai) in InDesign

Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

following an advice received in one of my previous posts I have now started to directly place .ai files instead of exported SVG inline with text as the document will eventually be printed. 

One downside I'm encountering right now is that the inserted .ai contains also the whole white area around instead of the single equation I was exporting as selection before. 

My workaround by now has been to place the .ai file in the pasteboard, resize it there and then anchor it where needed but I was wondering if there was a better way to do that. 

In a lesson from the Tutorials I recall inserting .ai files as vector images but now all the document is there. I am sure I am missing something trivial so I would really appreciate a small nudge in the right direction.

Thank you

Regards,

I. 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

indesign > file > Pace > tick "Show Import Option" > select your ai file > "Open" > choose Crop  to "Art" > ok

Schermata 2020-09-24 alle 10.46.05.pngSchermata 2020-09-24 alle 10.46.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indesign > file > Pace > tick "Show Import Option" > select your ai file > "Open" > choose Crop  to "Art" > ok

Schermata 2020-09-24 alle 10.46.05.pngSchermata 2020-09-24 alle 10.46.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to correct response given by Vladan, please check out this help article to know more about import options in InDesign.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines