Highlighted

Importing Multiple Folders of Images onto InDesign in Order

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I want to create several photography portfolios in indesign. Im printing on 11x8.5 pages. My goal is to easily upload multiple folders of images in order as quicky and efficiently as possible.
Folders are made like this, Photographer name, and multiple subfolders within. Subfolders titled by photograph series and number of images in parenthesis. 

Main Folder: John - Photographer 

Subfolders :      -Fashion (7), Nature (12), Headshots (25), Art (75), Wedding (35), Studio (54)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfDojdhILig

I've referenced the link above to import the images and this is exactly what i need, the images are placed in the same frame and fit proportionally. BUT, the images imported by the script dont show up in order. On top of that, the images imported can only come from one folder. I want to know if there's a way create a workflow where i can easily upload an enitire photographers Folder, with subfolders and keep them in order, AND import the File and Folder name onto the image for reference as a text outside of the frame and be able to be deleted. On top of that, I want to know if there's a way to export only the images once i've finished the book. Please let me know if anything needs to be clarified, I appreciate any help i can get on this!

How do you import a folder full of images into InDesign, such that each image shows up on a separate page? Expert David Blatner shows you two scripts that ac...
TOPICS
Import and export, Scripting, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing Multiple Folders of Images onto InDesign in Order

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I want to create several photography portfolios in indesign. Im printing on 11x8.5 pages. My goal is to easily upload multiple folders of images in order as quicky and efficiently as possible.
Folders are made like this, Photographer name, and multiple subfolders within. Subfolders titled by photograph series and number of images in parenthesis. 

Main Folder: John - Photographer 

Subfolders :      -Fashion (7), Nature (12), Headshots (25), Art (75), Wedding (35), Studio (54)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfDojdhILig

I've referenced the link above to import the images and this is exactly what i need, the images are placed in the same frame and fit proportionally. BUT, the images imported by the script dont show up in order. On top of that, the images imported can only come from one folder. I want to know if there's a way create a workflow where i can easily upload an enitire photographers Folder, with subfolders and keep them in order, AND import the File and Folder name onto the image for reference as a text outside of the frame and be able to be deleted. On top of that, I want to know if there's a way to export only the images once i've finished the book. Please let me know if anything needs to be clarified, I appreciate any help i can get on this!

How do you import a folder full of images into InDesign, such that each image shows up on a separate page? Expert David Blatner shows you two scripts that ac...
TOPICS
Import and export, Scripting, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DataMerge could solve your challenge. Otherwise, you could look at something like EasyCatalog, or a custom script. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm hoping that the issue is resolved for you. 

If the above-mentioned solution or suggestion helped, please mark it correct.

If not, do let us know so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0