Highlighted

Importing multiple page PDFs into multiple picture boxes in order

New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

So I am really not sure if this can be done or if a batch or script would help it to work. I am trying to fill a 21UP Label with address's. The address's are in a multipage PDF ready to be imported like this

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 9.16.19 am.png

The indesign doc looks like this

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 9.17.45 am.png

So what I want to do is to import the PDF pages to auto populate the boxes on the indesign file. Sometimes I have 20 address's and sometimes 4 but I just was hoping someone new a way to do this. Like linking the boxes so the pages move to the next box.

I know I could manually do this 1 by 1 but somedays I could have 100 address's. Maybe there is a completely better way to do this that I am not considering and if thats the case let me know. 

Love to know any solutions. thanks

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Print, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing multiple page PDFs into multiple picture boxes in order

New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

So I am really not sure if this can be done or if a batch or script would help it to work. I am trying to fill a 21UP Label with address's. The address's are in a multipage PDF ready to be imported like this

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 9.16.19 am.png

The indesign doc looks like this

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 9.17.45 am.png

So what I want to do is to import the PDF pages to auto populate the boxes on the indesign file. Sometimes I have 20 address's and sometimes 4 but I just was hoping someone new a way to do this. Like linking the boxes so the pages move to the next box.

I know I could manually do this 1 by 1 but somedays I could have 100 address's. Maybe there is a completely better way to do this that I am not considering and if thats the case let me know. 

Love to know any solutions. thanks

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Print, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 07, 2020 0
Guide ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your task would be a snap with Data Merge if you had the addresses as a text file, rather than a multi-page PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the idea, do you know any good turtorials on this, it is something I can look at as an option. thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 0
Guide ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Google InDesign Data Merge and you should get a number of videos you can see.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
Engaged ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RogerDodger1,

If your using a Mac take a look at this link to see if this script meets your needs....

https://www.drscripto.com/place-multiple-paged-pdf-into-existing-image-frames/

unfortunately its not free but the fee is nominal.

Regards

Mike

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks brilliant, thankyou I will look into this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roger,

datamerge will not help with multi page PDFs. Only the first page is placed.

One cannot define a page number in the data source.

You could vote for that feature request:

Data Merge - Pdf:{page number}
Chris shared this idea · February 08, 2018

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/33255682-da...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0