• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing text creating alignment issues

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello! I am importing text from a PDF I have open in illustrator to InDesign, but when I import it I notice the text is leaning, kerning is off and some letters are bouncing. Is there a setting I need to adjust?

TOPICS
Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator was never designed to be a PDF editor. The only PDFs it can reliably open those created in Illustrator itself. So no surprise that font previewing may be different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator was never designed to be a PDF editor. The only PDFs it can reliably open those created in Illustrator itself. So no surprise that font previewing may be different.

What application created the PDF file? If you open the PDF file in Acrobat, and choose File > Properties > Description, you can find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How exactly did you transfer the text over to InDesign?

Did you copy/paste it from Illustrator? Did you place a PDF file saved with Illustrator?

Can you show the text in Illsutrator vs the result in InDesign?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines