Highlighted

In Design 2020 Keeps freezing

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help on this would be appreciated. I have an install of InDesign 2020 version 15.1.1.103, on a Mac OS Mojave, whenever I go to open a file I get the little blue pinwheel, and Adobe freezes. I end up having to Force Quit the application. Here is what I have tried:

I have turned off the GPU Performance

I have Deleted the plist file

I have deleted the cache

I have uninstalled and re installed the application

I tried to downgrade the version of InDesign I am using 

I read that you can remove the AIGPUSNIFFER.app, and that would get rid of the problem, tried that and it did not work. I ended up having to re install InDesign after.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bill_Silbert | Adobe Community Professional

A solution that recently worked for me is to make sure that you have the latest print drivers for whatever printer you own. I was experiencing lots of slowdowns and very long boot time for my Creative Cloud apps but after updating my Epson drivers (the install of which took quite a while) my apps are working at full speed.

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

In Design 2020 Keeps freezing

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help on this would be appreciated. I have an install of InDesign 2020 version 15.1.1.103, on a Mac OS Mojave, whenever I go to open a file I get the little blue pinwheel, and Adobe freezes. I end up having to Force Quit the application. Here is what I have tried:

I have turned off the GPU Performance

I have Deleted the plist file

I have deleted the cache

I have uninstalled and re installed the application

I tried to downgrade the version of InDesign I am using 

I read that you can remove the AIGPUSNIFFER.app, and that would get rid of the problem, tried that and it did not work. I ended up having to re install InDesign after.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bill_Silbert | Adobe Community Professional

A solution that recently worked for me is to make sure that you have the latest print drivers for whatever printer you own. I was experiencing lots of slowdowns and very long boot time for my Creative Cloud apps but after updating my Epson drivers (the install of which took quite a while) my apps are working at full speed.

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have thesame problem over here....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally solved the problem! Do you work with suitcase? If so, the problem is that withe Suitcase and it's fonts.

Follow these steps and it all works fine!

https://help.extensis.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029194433--Error-Starting-FMCore-Error-50335758-Suitc...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem abd I tried every solution I could find online, without any result.

It seemed to me that the problem was related to typefaces management. I uninstalled most of the Adobe online fonts, then I uninstalled all of them, I closed half of the fonts activated by the Mac OS Font Book. It was a little better, but still so slow that it was impossible to work more than a few minutes.

I'm still on Mojave. I was about to upgrade to the latest Mac OS system, but I saw on Adobe Support Community pages that the same app sluggish and freezing issues are happening on Catalina. 

If someone from Adobe is reading us, I hope they could propose a solution – serching for it is a terribly time consumer activity. And if they could answer in french it would be perfect for me.

___

August 1.

I finally found the solution to all my problems: DOWNGRADE.

I first downgraded to InDesign 2019. While opening, a message told me that there was an issue with JavaScript.

I then installed the very first version of InDesign 2020 (15.0.1), and now working with the application is as quick and fluid as before. 

I'm an early Adobe user (since Illustrator 1988) and I feel nostalgic for the time when John Warnock and Charles Geschke supervised everything there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0