Highlighted

In Design CS4

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to replace a Windows 7 computer with a new Windows 10 64 bit compute.

Will InDesign CS4 work on Windows 10??  If not, what should I need to upgrade to that is NOT a subscription based product.  I don't use it much any more and its just for small personal home projects.

Thanks,  JoAnne

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant

You can try it by running it under Windows 7 compatibility mode, but you're on your own.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

In Design CS4

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to replace a Windows 7 computer with a new Windows 10 64 bit compute.

Will InDesign CS4 work on Windows 10??  If not, what should I need to upgrade to that is NOT a subscription based product.  I don't use it much any more and its just for small personal home projects.

Thanks,  JoAnne

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant

You can try it by running it under Windows 7 compatibility mode, but you're on your own.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will only work with InDesign 2020.

Options are to upgrade – you can pay a bit more and subscribe to InDesign by the month(s) when you need it, or maybe buy a second-hand computer that's running an older OS for use with your 10-year-old version of InDesign.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no current app without subscription. One day you will have to give up ID or embrace subscriptions. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i understand you replaced win-7 computer with win-10 computer. do you still have the older win-7 computer and just aren't using it anymore? if that’s the case … i’d suggest keeping your old win-7 computer … using it only for adobe-cs4 apps (and other 32bit faves). if you decide to go this route … do not hook up the internet or wi-fi or bluetooth to your old computer … and don’t share any peripheral devices cross-platform (e.g. printers, storage-drives, usb, etc).

if you know your way around computers … and the new win-10 computer is at your home … the new win-10 computer can be configured for “dual-boot” … thereby, you’d install win-7os on that new win-10os computer. keep in mind … there’d  be several challenges involved.

• the environment needs to be at your own home …
  • you’d have to find a copy of win-7 to install …
  • network security issues might appear …
  • etc.

personally … i wouldn’t bother with dual-boot … just get yourself an old win-7 pc and install adobe-cs4 on it … as iterated above.  take  note … i  am  only  a  member  here  and  my  inputs  are  suggestions  only.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines