Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In-Design Data Merge to PDF Problem

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to create PDF files from a merge using InDesign and a simple .CSV. File. For some reason, InDesign reaches 66 out of 182 records, and then proceeds to generate THOUSANDS (like, 4,000 pages) of pages from records 1-66. Even when I try to print single records, it seems to disregard this and perform the same problem. I am at a loss for words, all the settings seem correct. Any advice would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply. I actually solved the issue by creating an entirley new .CSV file and psting the information. I think I created the wrong type of .CSV by mistake and InDesign was reading it incorrectly. 

Thanks for any consideration!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pls state the following:

• os-version
  • *.indd version
  • software and version used to generate the *.csv file

also … pls  include  screen-cap of records-tab and options-tab in indesign’s create-merged-document palette … this is accessed via the window/ utilities/ data-merge interface. refer to the screen-cap below as example.

others will come along to assist … the above info will help them to assist you.

image01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply. I actually solved the issue by creating an entirley new .CSV file and psting the information. I think I created the wrong type of .CSV by mistake and InDesign was reading it incorrectly. 

Thanks for any consideration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good  to  hear  you  resolved  the  situation,  williama.  some  things  i  came  across … creating  *.csv  file  on  mac-os (numbers-spreadsheet) … text-encoding  should  be  set  to  western (mac os roman).  also … i  needed  to  remember  to  close  down  the  spreadsheet … before  pulling  the  data-merge  into  indesign … else  it  would  try  creating  pages  that  didn't  exist.  i  share  this  info … so  it  may  help  others  peeking  into  your  post … thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines