Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In design visualisation

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning

I have the following problem: I´ve updated recently In DESIGN 2021. My collegue use ID 2020 and should use it because her MACOS. We excahange graphic  files working together,  even if I send her only the ID file without the linked images, she could work on the graphics because she would VIEW the images (even if in low resolution) and then I would finalize the work by resuming the file, which automatically linked the images. NOW it is not possible anymore, with a previous version my colleague DOESN'T view the unlinked images anymore. This prevents the work. This is a serious problem. Do you think there is a way to solve it? I´m talking about files with layouts with many photos and therefore impossible to pass them up and down (nor with iCloud as the connection is not optimal).

I thank yu in advance Giuliana

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Do you mean that you send her idml files because she has the 2020 version and you have 2021? If you send idml files without the links, the image frames will be displayed as grey frames, and there is nothing to do about this. The best solution would be to work with the same InDesign version: either she upgrades to 2021 or you downgrade to 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you mean that you send her idml files because she has the 2020 version and you have 2021? If you send idml files without the links, the image frames will be displayed as grey frames, and there is nothing to do about this. The best solution would be to work with the same InDesign version: either she upgrades to 2021 or you downgrade to 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines