• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In need of help using tabs with multiple lines of text in two columns (InDesign). Thank you!

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm hoping someone can help with a tabs issue I'm facing in InDesign. I attached a screenshot here. For a resume design, I currently have the left and right information in separate text boxes. However, I am trying to figure out how to create this same design using tabs (as the two text boxes make it difficult to edit and line everything up). I know how to use tabs to create a single line on one side and paragraph text on the other side, however, I cannot figure out how to use tabs when I have multiple lines of text on BOTH sides.

I've been trying to figure this out for days and am completely stuck, so I'd very much appreciate if anyone has any advice. Thank you!

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing in the screen shot that demonstrates errant use of tabs, or any use of tabs for that matter. It might be better if you can post something in the way of an example you'd like to emulate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! The screenshot shows what I want it to look like. I made it with two textboxes lined up side-by-side—however, I'm wondering if there's a way to do this with tabs in one textbox (not two textboxes). Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks to me like this is a place where a two-column table would be appropriate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A two-column text frame or a two-column table would be the right way. To do it with tabs, you'd have to interject disjointed language into the paragraph on the left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your replies! I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines