Highlighted

Incoherent text showing up when I open files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open an Indesign file that I have previously saved I'm getting gobbledy goop text. I can re-save the file in another location and it will render correctly or if I copy and paste to a new document the text will render correctly. This is causing me to waste massive amounts of time and disk space. What is going on? The text is also highlighted like the font is missing. When I go to Find Font to correct this it does not change the font. It is not working. These are fonts that are absolutlely loaded on my computer and in FontBook and are enabled. I use these fonts every day. How do I fix this? It is causing my work flow to be a nightmare!

pages.pngUntitled.png

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Incoherent text showing up when I open files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open an Indesign file that I have previously saved I'm getting gobbledy goop text. I can re-save the file in another location and it will render correctly or if I copy and paste to a new document the text will render correctly. This is causing me to waste massive amounts of time and disk space. What is going on? The text is also highlighted like the font is missing. When I go to Find Font to correct this it does not change the font. It is not working. These are fonts that are absolutlely loaded on my computer and in FontBook and are enabled. I use these fonts every day. How do I fix this? It is causing my work flow to be a nightmare!

pages.pngUntitled.png

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you re-save the file to another location, what happens when the re-saved file is moved back to the original file's location?

Have you saved as IDML and reopened the file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I re-save the file back to it's location it's may or may not be OK when I reopen. I have saved IDML files and also opened the IDML file instead of the .indd file and both do this weird text thing but not all the time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines