• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent colour between Indesign 2020 and Adobe PDF/Photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a photobook importing images from Photoshop into InDesign and then exporting to Adobe PDF for printing on my Epson 3880. I am working on an Eizo CG2730 self-calibrating monitor and MacBook Pro High Sierra. Although the colours between Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat are consistent, the colours in InDesign appear always more magenta and cyan as shown in the screen-shots. Could you please advise me on what the colour settings should be in InDesign and across and on the Displays (screen-shots attached)? I am producing handmade books on inkjet paper so not ready yet to print a big run. Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 16.43.50.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-23 at 16.44.24.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-23 at 16.47.48.png Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 16.37.35.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-23 at 16.38.24.png 

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

The Color Settings are your color management preferences for future documents and normally don’t affect existing documents. Existing images are color managed by their assigned profile, Edit>Assign profile..., not the Color Settings Working Space. If there is no assignment, then the fallback is to the Color Settings.

For existing RGB images that don’t have your preferred AdobeRGB assignment, you should use Edit>Convert to Profile... and convert the image into the AdobeRGB space. When you save,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me like your Photoshop file has sRGB assigned, but you are saving it without embedding the sRGB profle. If you place an RGB image with no embedded profile it will get the InDesign document’s profile as its assignment—it would be the same as changing the assignment in Photoshop from sRGB to AdobeRGB via Edit>Assign Profile:

Screen Shot 18.png

Screen Shot 19.png

When saving RGB images, make sure you check Embed Color profile in the Save dialog.

InDesign’s Links panel lists RGB images with no profile as Document RGB. Here the document’s assigned profile is AdobeRGB, so there is a mismatch with untagged sRGB images:

Screen Shot 20.png

With embedded profiles:

Screen Shot 21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe PDF are you selecting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for your help. I have attached 2 screen-grabs to show my settings on
Photoshop and for Exporting from InDesign into Acrobat PDF.
I am not sure what happened but since starting to work in InDesign, my
settings in Photoshop seem to have changed from Adobe 1998 (RGB) to sRGB
iec61966-2.1. ?? My cameras are set to Adobe RGB and therefore I had set my
Photoshop colour settings to be the same.

Should I keep it to 'Europe General Purpose 3' and what is the best way to
ensure that my images keep an embedded profile of Adobe 1998 (RGB) as set ?

Many Thanks,

leslie

--
Leslie Hakim-Dowek
Senior Lecturer
University of Portsmouth
Photography B.A.-

(*My teaching days are Wednesdays and Thursdays for TB1, Tuesdays and
Wednesdays for TB2, *)

*Research*:
Instagram : @lesliehdowek
Twitter : @LeslieHDowek

Twitter :https://twitter.com/Ottoman_Cosmo
Facebook :
https://www.facebook.com/OttomanCosmopolitanismNetwork?bookmark_t=page
Catalogue : https://issuu.com/vtoc/docs/issuu_vtoc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Color Settings are your color management preferences for future documents and normally don’t affect existing documents. Existing images are color managed by their assigned profile, Edit>Assign profile..., not the Color Settings Working Space. If there is no assignment, then the fallback is to the Color Settings.

For existing RGB images that don’t have your preferred AdobeRGB assignment, you should use Edit>Convert to Profile... and convert the image into the AdobeRGB space. When you save, you’ll need to check Embed Color Profile in the Save or Save As dialog in order to embed the profile. The Embed check box is sticky, so it should remain checked for future saves.

The Europe General Purpose 3 preset uses sRGB as the Working RGB space, so you can use Europe Prepress 3 or save a custom Color Settings File with your preferred settings. If you are using Camera Raw to open images, the image’s profile assignment is set in the Camera RAW Preferencs, which overrides any camera settings:

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for your help. I have changed settings to Europe Prepress 3 from Bridge to synchronize across and I am checking that all Adobe RGB profiles remain embedded when linked to InDesign. It is strange however that images still appear more magenta in InDesign. Could you please let me know why is it still not consistent and should the Intent be 'Relative Colourmetric' and not 'Perceptual' ? I have attached a screen-grab showing 2 images plus my colour settings in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am checking that all Adobe RGB profiles remain embedded when linked to InDesign. It is strange however that images still appear more magenta in InDesign

In your original post it looks like your Photoshop Images have sRGB assigned. If you reassigned Adobe RGB via Edit>Assign Profiles the color would change in Photoshop and that would carry over to InDesign. In Photoshop you would have to use Edit>Convert to Profile... to get the conversion into AdobeRGB without changing the color appearance:

Screen Shot 16.pngScreen Shot 17.png

Sync’ing your Color Settings will have no affect on existing documents. Color Settings are for setting your profiles and policies for a new project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post a capture of the image selected with your LinkInfo panel open? Like this:

Screen Shot 19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines