Highlighted

Increase clickable area without changing checkbox/button graphic?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been searching without success to find a way to extend the area that can be clicked ("hotspot"?) to activate beyond the area of the box/button itself and include the label. Is this something that can be done in InDesign? Is it something possibly tweakable in Acrobat?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

GP

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Increase clickable area without changing checkbox/button graphic?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been searching without success to find a way to extend the area that can be clicked ("hotspot"?) to activate beyond the area of the box/button itself and include the label. Is this something that can be done in InDesign? Is it something possibly tweakable in Acrobat?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

GP

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen shot of the box/button would be helpful. You can certainly draw an invisible frame over a button and a label, and make that frame initiate an action. You can add it in InDesign or in Acrobat, but it will block whatever is going on underneath (like a checkbox.)

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  I would like the box to be ticked by clicking the box or anywhere near it - for instance over the corresponding label. It seems pretty standard in forms I've filled out to click the associated word near the box to mark it. I thought perhaps there might be a transparent frame I could resize around the checkbox button to incorporate a wider area.

For example:

guspal1010_1-1587248550395.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create a button include a rectangle with no fill and no stroke. This invisible rectangle is clickable and allows you to extend the hotspot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0