Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Increase the size of vector grips when using the Direct Selection Tools

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone!

Is it possible to increase the size of the vector grips when using the direct selection tool? Especially in InDesign, most of the shapes that I work with are quite simple and only have 4 grips (i.e. the four corners of a square, or the 4 quads of a circle). When I try to adjust these shapes with the direct selection tool, I often miss the mark and click in the wrong place. 

Is it possible to increase the size of the vector grips in the user interface? I have tried scaling up the entire interface under Edit/Preferences/UI Scaling, but this screws everything up. 

Best,

Alexander

Here is an image of a rectangle in InDesign, with one of the grips I would like to increase in size circled in red.

alexanderj90740924_0-1610374167396.png

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

When using the Direct Selection tool, you're viewing the anchor points of the object's path (just to give you the customary terminoloogy). Sadly, while you can do that in Illustrator, you cannot in InDesign.

This has been requested before in the InDesign UserVoice website which is viewed regularly by InDesign product managers and engineers. You can vote for this request here and add your comments:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/34167370-ability-to-increase-the-anchor-node-point-size-w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the Direct Selection tool, you're viewing the anchor points of the object's path (just to give you the customary terminoloogy). Sadly, while you can do that in Illustrator, you cannot in InDesign.

This has been requested before in the InDesign UserVoice website which is viewed regularly by InDesign product managers and engineers. You can vote for this request here and add your comments:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/34167370-ab...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve! I just voted for it. 

The anchor points are just tiny on high-resolution screens. I'm one of the young guys in the department and I don't need glasses, I can only imagine what people with poorer eyesight have to deal with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines