• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Increased time to load an Instance in Indesign CC Server 2019.0 with a bought Licence

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not sure if my post here in this forum is correct, but i will try.

We have 2 different Servers running Indesign CC Server 2019.0:

1. a Live Server with 16-Cores and 128GB Ram with a bought Limited Licence Multi-Instance and

2. a Developer Server with 8-cores and 8GB Ram running with a Developer Indesign CC Server 2019 Licence

We use the same script to start 20 Instances on both Servers simultaneously. If we need more Instances at peak times, we start more Instances on demand.

On the 1. Server it takes ~18 Minutes for all 20 Instances to start, and they need about 1,7GB Ram per Instance.

On the 2. Server it takes ~2 Minutes to start 20 Instances which require about 400MB per Instance.

Why takes the start of an Instance on the faster Server with the bought Licence so much longer in comparison to the Developer Server which is much slower? I think the startup is so much longer due to the higher RAM consumption. 

Now my question would be if there is a limitation or something on the Indesign CC Server Developer Licence?

I've already tried to start an Instance on the Live Server with the Developer Licence and it takes ~20 seconds and needed ~100mb/Instance and i tried to start the Live Server with only 8GB of Ram and only 8 Cores, but no Instance is started after 30 Minutes (Task Manager shows 99% RAM Load).

Thanks for you answers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?